Around 2.3 million implant-supported oral crowns are produced each year in the US, which means that there are lots of patients seeing dental practitioners to shield their pearly whites. While crowns are guarding pearly whites, who is defending the crowns? You are! Follow this list of tips we’ve amassed to retain your dental crowns for a long time:
– If you feel any noteworthy heat- or cold-sensitivity more than two weeks after your oral crown is installed, get in contact with us as soon as possible.
– Reach out if you detect any pain when biting down onto your crown, and we will determine if the crown needs to be fine-tuned.
– Even with dental crowns, you’ll still need to floss and brush your teeth!
– Avoid eating tough foods such as ice or lollipops since they can split or chip your dental crowns.
– Watch closely for loose or stinky crowns, which could be a indicator of the crown’s adhesive having washed away.
– Bring your crown to us if it falls out of place; do not replace it on your own! Trying to reinstall your oral crown could be harmful, and the crown could fall out again and choke you.
Dr. Frederick Prehn makes sure to securely install all oral crowns. That said, it’s better to be safe than sorry, so commit to memory these tips for peace of mind. If you would like to schedule a visit or your next check-up with Prehn Dental Offices in Wausau, Wisconsin, please call 715-842-1270 now.