Dr. Frederick Prehn performed his undergraduate studies at the University of Wisconsin. He then received his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from Marquette University School of Dentistry in 1982. Since graduation, Dr. Prehn continues to receive comprehensive training in full-mouth rehabilitation, including the complex training of implant restorations, cosmetic dentistry, and occlusion. He also maintains membership in the Academy of General Dentistry, which requires continuing education on a yearly basis in all areas of the dental profession. He is also actively involved with continueing education courses on a regular basis to discuss clinical, complex restorative cases that allow him to bring the lastest technology along with time tested procedures to his patients
Dr. Prehn takes pride in treating all types of patients. He is on the Aspirus Hospital staff, which allows him to see patients who are unable to receive treatment in a routine office setting. Patients can be treated at Aspirus/Wausau Hospital or Wausau Surgery Center under general anesthetic. Dr. Prehn also utilizes conscious oral sedation for patients who have a difficult time receiving care due to dental fears and/or anxiety.
Dr. Prehn was born and raised in Wausau, Wisconsin. His personal interests include all aspects of outdoor activities. He is involved in many civic organizations and participates in committees and board functions in the greater Wausau area. Dr. Prehn is active in the Samoset Council – Boy Scouts of America. Dr. Prehn serves on the Wisconsin Natural Resources Board. Other personal interests include mountain climbing and HAM radio; he is also a commercially rated pilot. In his spare time, Dr. Prehn owns and runs Prehn Cranberry Company, a 158-acre cranberry marsh in Tomah, WI. He also serves as chairman of the board of Cranberry Growers Cooperative.
- Wausau Public Schools, 1975
- University of Wisconsin (Madison), 1978
- Marquette University School of Dentistry, 1982, DDS (Doctor of Dental Surgery)
- Postgraduate training at the Medical College of Wisconsin: mini-residency in surgery
- Extensive training: implants, oral surgery, cosmetic dentistry, occlusion, and reconstruction
- Licensed in Wisconsin and Colorado
- Wisconsin Academy of General Dentistry
- Aspirus/Wausau Hospital staff member
- American Association of Hospital Dentists
- American Dental Association
- Wisconsin Dental Association
- Marathon County Dental Society
- Chicago Dental Society
- Laser Center of North America
Meet Our Team
Our team at Prehn Dental Offices is friendly, caring, and helpful, and we are committed to providing you with a comfortable, enjoyable dental experience. Each member of our team is highly trained and experienced, and we continue our training every year to stay on the cutting edge of dentistry. We invite you to contact our office at 715-842-1270 today to learn more about us and to set up your next appointment with Dr. Frederick Prehn, our skilled dentist in Wausau, Wisconsin. We look forward to hearing from you soon!